Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Peruvian Loveliness













Homeless Photos

What else can you do with some shots except create for them their own little niche. They don't seem to fit into any of the typical headings. Portraits, parties, beaches....etc. Sure you could do a Landscapes post, but who really wants to read about or look at a long stream of what usually sounds or looks like the same mountain or valley view.
Animals can usually have their own classification but what if you just have a million shots of the same dopey looking Llama. Hilarious, yes, but only for the first couple of shots then it becomes Sleepy-Town and the Llama is the clerk.
As for Cathedrals....I get bored taking the damn picture! Posting one shot of a cathedral is already pushing it, but throw in five or six more and I may actually sacrifice my computer to a volcano.
And what if you have a couple of neat photos of yourself? Sure you could do yet another 'you segment' but, get over yourself already. I mean you already have a blog for fuck sakes! People are going to start to wonder if you can even possibly conceive of getting over yourself or if the act is simply beyond your ego.
And don't even get me started on birds and flowers! Unless you are prepared to show me some 'Planet Earth' worthy stuff  stick to one or two shots. I don't want to know what atrocities I would be capable of after looking at 20 pictures of an orchid.
And this sunset nonesense has GOT TO STOP! I don't need five different exposures of the same one. Pick one you like and keep the rest for your screensaver.
So here is my shelter for all the photos the other posts didn't want.
  • Big ass stone that Incas carried from the other side of the mountain in the background.
  • Cityscape of Arequipa with Misti looming over.
  • Chair in a monastery in Arequipa.
  • Rasta Llama.
  • Dopey Llama.
  • Two Llamas.
  • Ollyantaytambo.
  • Mountain at Ollyantaytambo which was thought to have the face of a god on it. So up they sent some dudes to carve a crown. Pretty cool and apparently at exactly the right time on the summer solstice the sun hits the 'jewel' of the crown and is so bright you have to shade your eyes.
  • Picture of me with Pepe, the resident Howler Monkey at the lodge in the Peruvian Amazon that, I thought at least, to be a little over-rated. The Peruvian Amazon, not the lodge. I wanted to see an Anaconda and I didn't.
  • Mountains on the Inca Trail.
  • Me swimming in the river in the Amazon where we had just been fishing for piranhas, and where I may or may not have snared a caiman. 
  • Best I could do on the Cathedral. If you never return to my blog again for fear of seeing another one I will understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment